Electric Guitars/Guitar identification

Question
Guitar
Guitar  

Guitar
Guitar  
Hello,

I have an old Hohner guitar given to me in the 1980's.

I am trying to identify and date this guitar.  The only number on this is 2141.

I am hoping you can please help me with this identification.

Many thanks.

Bob

Answer
Hey Bob,

Thanks for writing! What a great guitar. This is a tough one to nail down exactly! Judging from the color, body design and hardware, I'd say this was a late 1960s/early 1970s model. It has the same look as the Burns guitars made at the same time. If you look at the hardware on the body, you'll see manufacturing techniques and electronics that are very old. The bridge and tremelo system are unique as well. I would google "Hohner guitar collectors" to find someone who collects them for more detailed information. I'll tell you this, I've never seen a Hohner electric like this. Most of the Hohner guitars you see are Les Paul copies or acoustics. This is an old guitar and worth some money. Don't be surprised if it's worth close to $1,000 or possibly more. Try googling a Hohner group and let me know if it helps. If not, write back and I'll talk to a few collectors I know. Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide