Electric Guitars/What is this guitar model?

I've played this guitar for as long as I can remember and it's the  best thing I have ever heard. It was passed down by my grandfather. We believe he purchased it in the late 60s to early 70s, but neither my father or myself can figure out what model this is. It has a Stratocaster like body, as well as the rest of the instrument, but the brand says Univox on it.

Here on some photos to help reference it:

Do you have any ideas on what it may be?

Hey Quinten,

Thanks for writing! Great guitar! This is a pre Fender lawsuit Univox Stratocaster copy. These are fairly rare. If you compare the Fender Strat and your guitar you'll see that they are nearly identical except for the pickups. This was made in Japan back when they used the same wood and manufacturing techniques as Fender. It was made in 1976. As for value, I'd put a price of about $900 on it (maybe more in an auction market). It could be owrth more. You rarely see this type of pickup on a strat-type guitar. Univox designed these pickups which you sometimes see on Electra guitars as well. It is an amazing guitar. Let me know if you need more information. The model of your guitar is the Ripper. Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry