Electric Guitars/Hondo II Les Paul

Question
Hondo II Les Paul
Hondo II Les Paul  

Hondo II Les Paul
Hondo II Les Paul  
Hi Johnny,

Good you please help me and date / value my guitar? it is a Hondo II Les Paul copy, solid body, probably ash? with a laminated maple top and maple bolt on neck, it does also have two USA DimarZio Humbuckers. It is in good condition and original..

Thank you.

Answer
Hey Basil,

Thanks for writing! This is one of the lesser seen Hondo LP copies. It was probably made in 1977-78. Most of the Hondo LP copies (LP=Les Paul) were not a natural finish. The headstock is similar to the Gibson Headstock so it might have been made as early as 1976. As for value, it's worth around $700 in good shape. The pickups were stock in Hondo's better made guitars. Let me know if you need more detailed information. Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide