Electric Guitars/Samick HFB - 590

Samick HFB - 590 -1
Samick HFB - 590 -1  

Samick HFB - 590 -2
Samick HFB - 590 -2  
Hi johnny, I've got a other guitar that i want to share with you + readers here on the forum, recently both this one, Samick HFB - 590 Semi acoustic bass.. Made in Korea and ????

I have searched on the internet and find a lot about this bass, but build, history, quality, price is still a question? for me.

Could you tell me more about this original Samick / Korea made bass.. Please.. Thank You.

Hey Basil,

Thanks for writing back! Samick produces a huge number of guitars and basses for other companies such as Epiphone, Gretsch, etc. They also have their own line of guitars and basses. Samick produces some really nice instruments including your bas. Samick joined forces with Greg Bennett, a fantastic guitar designer which resulted in the bass you own.Samick has its primary manufacturing plant in Korea but it doesn't mean that the guitar is cheaply made! Your bass was probably made in the 1990s. Samick used quality woods such as Maple, Alder and Ash. This model was made in low production numbers so you don't see as many of them for sale as you do the models with traditional pickups. As for value, in great shape you're looking at around $600-$750 in an auction market like Ebay. It is difficult to get information on Samick instruments because they don't do a lot in the way of customer support. Let me know if you need further information. Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry