Electric Guitars/Tokai goldstar sound.

Question
My guitar.
My guitar.  

Head stock
Head stock  
Hello! I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about my guitar, it's a tokai goldstar sound I know, however I was wondering if you could give me any idea of its age and how much it might be worth. I'm interested in selling it but the prices on them range so much this info is critical. The numer on it is 1446 however I'm not sure if it will help.

Answer
Hey Simon,

Thanks for writing. Great guitar! Tokai was probably the best maker of copy guitars. I had a Tokai Les Paul copy that was amazing. The Tokai Strat was essentially an exact copy of the Fender model, probably a bit better made.Your Tokai was probably made around 1982-84 which were the peak production years for the Goldstar line. Out of all the copy guitars, the Tokai copy maintains the highest resale value. Your guitar is worth between $800 and $1,000 depending on condition, having the original case and paperwork, etc. I saw the same guitar being sold "buy it now" on Ebay for $829.00. Let me know if you need further information. Stay in touch...Johnny  

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide