Electric Guitars/hondo LP

I recently acquired a Hondo 1 with a set neck that is really an awesome sounder, it appears to be made of mahoghany , from looking in the pockets in at the back, its pre law suite as it has the Gibson headstock,and it has a set neck which seem to be rarer. There really is no information on these Hondo ones, but this guitar is stellar sounding even though it is supposed to be of lower quality than the 2's just would like a little info on it and what kind of reviews might you have heard about these ?

Hey Rockin Robby,

Thanks for writing! he Set or glued neck Hondo Les Paul copies are somewhat rare! Can you send me a photograph of where the neck is glued to the body? You'll want to take the photograph of the backside of the neck joint. Hondo made their money making inexpensive copies of Gibson and Fender guitars, with the majority of these guitars having bolt on necks. However, when they first started making Gibson copies, they made some models with set or glued necks, mahogany bodies and great finishes. Hondo was a big maker of copy guitars during the 1970s but had to change their designs around after the Gibson lawsuit. Send me a photograph of the neck and body connection point and I'll get you some more detailed information. Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry