Electric Guitars/Luther Perkins' Guitar

My question is: who owns Luther Perkins' guitar? He was Johnny Cash's ele guitarist until 1968.

Hi Frank, I have been running this question down ever since I saw it. I can find no trail of this guitar at any public sale or auction. The guitar may have been given away, destroyed or lost over time. I tried to find words about Luther Perkin's estate but nothing on public records or Hall of Fame. Sorry for so long for nothing. Should I ever find any thing I will tell you frank.

Electric Guitars

DR Kevin P Moore

Guitars and cats make life so much better. Playing the guitar is a wonderful thing, fixing you guitar is not that hard. I have played since I was a kid and started to fix guitars and the other things that needed repair. I still repair guitars for friends and myself and do enjoy it. I rebuild old guitars to their former condition, all amps and music gear. That the mystery out of where and when a guitar was made. The value of it and the difference between junk and a guitar you can grow old with. Ask me things and have some fun.

The fascination with electric guitars is the top for me. I fix amps, wiring and put the things that fall off back on. The way to really set a guitar up and make it a player. Buying a guitar is an art, and good amps that will get out that tone we all look for, Zen guitar and amplifier is a way to approach it. Better is no worry ask an expert.

Linkin Professional Org

Library of congress, five patients. I write on several guitar forums and many essays on guitar health.

PhD, MS, BA and a BS all from CMU. I have a BA from Mercyhurst College.