Electric Guitars/Custom Kraft

Whole Guitar
Whole Guitar  
Hello Mr. Genocide;

I have a 20 fret vintage 1960's Custom Kraft eletric guitar that I found in my grandmother's basement. It only has one pick up, a head stock of 3+3, has only a volume knob and an tone knob, plus the jack. The guitar only has four single frets marked: 5, 7, 9, and 12. I have no idea what its even worth, and honestly I refuse to sell it because it was my first eletric guitar. The reason I'm curious about its worth is because I took it to a local guitar store to fix the jack, and the owner unwilling gave it back. Please help me. Thank you for your time.

P.s I can send more pictures if need be.

Hey Taylor,

Thanks for writing. Great guitar! Valco made these guitars in the 1960s=1970s and sold them mostly through mail order catalogs. I've seen them on Ebay for $1,400 so it has value. I would say it was worth around $1,000 to the right collector. It looks like it's in great shape which adds to the value. Can you tell me about it's condition? Let me know and I'll get a more accurate value for your very cool guitar. Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry