Electric Guitars/Univox guitar

Question
QUESTION: What can you tell me about my univox custom s.n.037844 natural finish.

ANSWER: Hey Joe,

Thanks for writing! I need to see a photograph of your Univox. Can you send me one? If not, can you describe the guitar? Does it look like a Gibson Les Paul? Let me know about the picture and I'll get you information. Write back...Johnny

univox
univox  

univox
univox  
QUESTION: Hi Johnny
Sorry for being so vague.It is a Les Paul clone.
Questions: Is it pre lawsuit? What year is it? Are the parts Gibson?
Any tidbits or trivia information would be appreciated. Photos attatchrd.

Answer
HEy Joe,

Thanks for writing back with the photographs! Univox was one of the overseas manufacturers that made Les Paul copies. However, Univox models were extremely well made compared to other LP copies. One unique feature was the maple fretboard which gave the instrument a different feel and tone. Many collectors of LP styled guitars gravitate towards this model and other Univox models. Your guitar was probably made in the mid to late 1970s. As for value, I've seen them sold at auction (Ebay) for as high as $900 to $1,000. Let me know if you need further information so stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide