Electric Guitars/Guitar Value

Question
I have a 1962 Fender Jaguar electric guitar in excellent condition. I believe the color is Burgundy Mist. I am interested in selling but have absolutely no knowledge about pricing. Any help would be appreciated. I also have the original case.

Answer
Hey Paul,

Thanks for writing! The color was a custom color which adds to the value. I see this specific model on the market for around $4,000-$5,000 in excellent condition. Some of the custom colors actually required Fender repainting the guitar. The guitar's owner would send the guitar to Fender, who would refinish it and send it back to the owner. The standard red they used in their custom color scheme was Dakota Red. I would go onto Ebay and look at similar models being sold and you'll see the price range. Having the original case adds to the value as well. Let me know if you need further information and I'll be happy to provide it. Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide