Electric Guitars/Seville Electric Guitar

Seville Guitar
Seville Guitar  
QUESTION: Hey I got this Seville guitar from a friend and was wondering if I could get your scope on it. Thanks!

ANSWER: Hey Rodrigo,

Thanks for writing! This looks like one of the pre-lawsuit copies of a Gibson Les Paul! During the 1970s overseas companies were making copies of Gibson's flagship guitar, the Les Paul. These copy guitars started to cut into Gibson's market share so Gibson sued them. Seville made Les Paul copies such as yours. However, after the lawsuit was won by Gibson, these companies had to either make modifications to their copies or stop making them. Most simply made modifications to the body style. Your Seville was made prior to the lawsuit because it has the open book headstock profile and the diamond pattern logo. It was probably made in the mid to late 1970s. As for value, because it's in such great shape, it's probably worth around $700.00 US Dollars. Let me know if you need any further information. Stay in touch...Johnny

QUESTION: Thank you so much for the info.! It looks and sounds like it may need some new pickups, any recommendations?

Hey Rodrigo,

Thanks for writing back! I would suggest replacing them with a pair of Gibson pickups. You can get them online at Gibson.com. There are many types but they define them based on the type of sound you want. Let me know if this helps. Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry