Electric Guitars/how much is this worth?

Question
QUESTION: I have a Hondo 2 model # h935wa hollow body electric..cherry wood color..looks like brass tuning parts..how much is this worth and is it collectible? thanks,john

ANSWER: Hey John,

Thanks for writing! Can you send me a photograph of the guitar? It will greatly help in giving you a value. Write back...Johnny

hondo2
hondo2  

hondo2
hondo2  
QUESTION: I have a Hondo 2 model # h935wa hollow body electric..cherry wood color..looks like brass tuning parts..how much is this worth and is it collectible? thanks,john

Answer
Hey John,

Thanks for writing back with the photographs! This looks like one the early post Gibson Lawsuit guitars that Hondo made at the end of the 1970s (like 1979). The earliest Hondo "copy" guitars had a headstock profile more like Gibson's "open book" treatment. The truss rod covers on the earlier Hondo "copy" guitars were bell shaped like the Gibson truss rod covers. There is a market for older Hondo electrics, even some of the models made in the 1980s. As for value, this model is currently going for around $400-500 US Dollars in the online auction market. Let me know if you have any further questions. Stay in touch...Johnny  

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide