Electric Guitars/Guitar serial number ?

QUESTION: Johnny, I have an Epiphone Joe Pass electric. The serial number is S9202987. Can you tell me where and when this guitar was made and any history along with it?

ANSWER: Hey Randy,

Thanks for writing. I have to ask you a couple of questions to answer yours. Did you buy the guitar new or used and when did you buy it. Let me know because dating some Epiphone guitars can be tricky. Write back...Johnny

QUESTION: Johnny, I bought the guitar used from a guitar store in Orlando, FL I believe it was in the summer of 1993.

Hey Randy,

Thanks for writing! If you use the standard Epiphone serial number system, your guitar was manufactured February of 1992 at the Samick factory. When you bought the guitar used, did I look in great shape like it had barely been played? I ask because of the manufacture date being just a year before your purchase date. Let me know...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry