Electric Guitars/Hondo H-794-BS

Hondo L5 replica
Hondo L5 replica  
Hi, I was wondering if you can help me to have more information on this guitar. This is a Gibson L5 copy. There is only a sticked inside the body with the following saying: "HONDO International Music Corporation - model H794BS". Pickups are gibson-style humbuckers with metal covers, they are anonimous, only the neck pickup ha a "N" engraved on the back of the magnet. The quality of the guitar is amazing for the price I have paid (about 250 dollars), binding is great, and also the wood used is really beautiful. Here there are other pictures (this is not my guitar, but mine is identical, except for tuners - kluson deluxe - which were replaced by the previous owner:) : http://koti.kapsi.fi/hvartial/knu/hondo_794/

Hey Danilo,

Thanks for writing! This is a wonderful guitar. Hondo made these in the 1970s as Gibson copies. Gibson sued a number of copy guitar companies and won, forcing those companies to stop making replicas. This guitar was probably made in the late 1970s and has a value of around $1,000 in excellent condition. Nice guitar! Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry