Electric Guitars/Hondo II (Deluxe 732-I guess!)

Question
Hondo II
Hondo II  
Hi! I've just bought this great looking and sounding Hondo II.

Through some on-line researching, in attempt to find out the model and approximate age of the guitar I stumbled upon the model Deluxe 732 witch seems very similar to this guitar, but all of the images I found have the "Hondo" logo on the headstock or "732 Deluxe Series".
Mine just says Hondo II. Does that mean that it was made later or earlier than those I saw on-line?

Price wise I paid 150. After playing it for a week I think I made the deal of a lifetime.
Seems like it just came out of the store as new although it must be 30 years old or more.

I was wondering if you could tell me a bit more about the guitar and how well I did on the buy!

Thank you!

Jorge

Answer
Hey Jorge,

Thanks for writing! Hondo would often put a Deluxe 732 label on the first of this model line they sold. After the guitar sold well in the market, Hondo would sell them without the label. Your guitar was probably the second run of this model coming after the models with the 732 Deluxe label. Your guitar was most likely made in the early 1980s and is well constructed. They sell for up to $600. U.S. Dollars so you got a good price. People who own them love them. Let me know if you need more detailed information. Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide