Electric Guitars/Fender Squire Strat SN# information

Hello Johnny, I have a Fender Squire Strat with SN# IC9910199 and a small printed word affinity at the tip of the headstock. A friend of mine said he thinks it was made in Indonesia. I am looking for any information I can get. Like year it was made, where it was made, any thing along that line. I purchased it from someone I worked with about 18 years ago and don't know how long he had it before that. Looks to have a maple fretboard, black body and white pick guard. Hopefully this is all you need. thanks for any help you can give me.

Hey Paul,

Thanks for writing! Based on the serial number, the guitar was made in Indonesia in 1999. It was made at the Cor-Tek factory there. The older the Squier, generally the more valuable it is. In the 1990s, Squier was making their guitars with some quality to them so they're better than the models being made today. Unfortunately, the Squiers that everyone seeks are the early Japanese models which were awesome. I had one and it was better than my Custom Shop Fender. Let me know if you need further information. Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry