Electric Guitars/Legend guitars strat copy

Hi I wonder if you can help. I've just bought a nice but cheap Electric guitar, it's a strat copy made by a company called legend. It's got a humbucker and 2 single coils, 5 way selecter, 3 pots and us a sort if sunburst colour. Serial number is CH0 41050. A quick google search shows up a Canadian company with the same lovi, is it lonely to have been made by them though? I just wondered if you know anything about it, or the company that made it? Any info would be cool. Thanks, Mike

Hey Mike,

Thanks for writing! It certainly is difficult to find out information about Legend guitars because they were made for the Canadian market. Legend made decent guitars and many people use them for either second guitars or project guitars. Project guitars are copies of Les Paul and Strats that people modify by adding new pickups, etc. The brand name Legend was only made by them for sale in Canada. The majority of these guitars were made in the 1980s. Can you send me a photograph of the guitar? Also, does the headstock have the same profile/shape as the Fender Strat? Let me know and I'll get you more detailed information. Write back and stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry