Electric Guitars/Need value of Fender Stratocaster

Fender Stratocaster
Fender Stratocaster  

Fender Stratocaster
Fender Stratocaster  
Someone gave me a Fender Stratocaster in lieu of money they owe me.  It's in excellent condition.  Can you tell me what year it was made, what its value is today, and the best way to sell it? The serial number is US10207458.

Many thanks,

Hey Jody,

Thanks for writing. I couldn't match the serial number but I have it narrowed down to being an American Standard Strat. These sell for about $700.00-800.00. Can you check that serial number again and send it to me? That way I can determine exactly when it was made and where. Write back...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry