Electric Guitars/legend..?

legend 1
legend 1  

legend 2
legend 2  
hello dr moore,
i found this cutie in my dad's basement and have no idea of which type of guitar it is.. i thought about selling it, could you please help me  evaluate it? the serial number is 942178. here some pics.
thank you

Hi Giovanna thank you for show me your guitar. That is a copy of a Fender Stratocaster and it looks to be very nice. Maple neck with a rose wood fret board, solid body and the standard three pick ups. I like these guitars they are fun to play, sound very cool and is the most popular design for electric guitars. Many names have been on head stock copies. They are never worth much.
I have seen them sell from $50.00 or less up to $175.00. The guitar market is slow now. I would keep it and play it, the happiness would be worth more than money. Wrong notes are OK, but play it with passion Giovanna! I hope that you found all you need. In Europe guitars do go for more. Show it to a person at a local music store. Thanks Kev.

Electric Guitars

DR Kevin P Moore

Guitars and cats make life so much better. Playing the guitar is a wonderful thing, fixing you guitar is not that hard. I have played since I was a kid and started to fix guitars and the other things that needed repair. I still repair guitars for friends and myself and do enjoy it. I rebuild old guitars to their former condition, all amps and music gear. That the mystery out of where and when a guitar was made. The value of it and the difference between junk and a guitar you can grow old with. Ask me things and have some fun.

The fascination with electric guitars is the top for me. I fix amps, wiring and put the things that fall off back on. The way to really set a guitar up and make it a player. Buying a guitar is an art, and good amps that will get out that tone we all look for, Zen guitar and amplifier is a way to approach it. Better is no worry ask an expert.

Linkin Professional Org

Library of congress, five patients. I write on several guitar forums and many essays on guitar health.

PhD, MS, BA and a BS all from CMU. I have a BA from Mercyhurst College.