Electric Guitars/Les Paul guitar value

Question
I have a Les Paul Model, Deluxe, with "131971 Made in the USA" stamped on the back side at the top end of the neck? Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about guitars and this is an inheritance from a relative.
Does it have value and would someone who plays be interested in purchasing? How do I test the instrument to assure it works properly?

Answer
Hi Wil,I love Gibson Les Paul guitars. They are in my opinion the best guitars made. I think many would agree with me. They make many models some cost more than others but all are great. I never could afford one it is a some day thing for me and many guitar players. I hope you under stand I can not give you a value with out seeing it. A reliable guitar shop can do that. It is worth a great deal of money so keep an eye on it and don't leave it for a value. Call and get an appointment to have the value found. They can test it look at it closely. Yes you will be able to sell it with out and problems. Guitar shops often buy them. You can contact me with the findings and try to send me pictures Wil
. Then I can try to watch over things so you do not get cheated. Let me know and I can give you my phone number. You can put me on the phone if you have any problems. I will help you as much as you need, I want you to be treated fair. Thanks and good luck. Kevinpaul.

Electric Guitars

DR Kevin P Moore