Electric Guitars/Vox AC4TV !

hey there . I have a " Vox AC4TV , 10" combo " ; just like you ! ( this isn't my first question about it !! ) . and I need to change the tubes . my favorites are " Tung-Sol 12AX7/ECC83 " & " Tung-Sol EL84/6BQ5 " . but I've not opened the amp yet and I don't know about tube holder springs or restraints or ... ; and I'm not sure about Tung-Sol's bulb diameter and dimension ; you know ? have you ever tried these tubes in this particular amp ? does it work ?

Hi Eric, I no longer have that amp, mine had the 8" speaker. That little Vox amp was born with problems. My AC4 was the early days of Vox being bought by Korg.  Amps where new for Korg and the workers in China. They sure were off on the building of mine. I never did get as far as a need for new tubes but I had the back off a lot. I still have the chassis and from the sockets they are standard just like all they the Vox tube amps. Tung Sol valve inserts are standard from what I just read. Tung Sol spec sheet and a review of them. I have never used them I did guy them. A guy needed them so I sold them. Great tubes from what I hear. Good luck with your amp and thank you for asking me.  

Electric Guitars

DR Kevin P Moore

Guitars and cats make life so much better. Playing the guitar is a wonderful thing, fixing you guitar is not that hard. I have played since I was a kid and started to fix guitars and the other things that needed repair. I still repair guitars for friends and myself and do enjoy it. I rebuild old guitars to their former condition, all amps and music gear. That the mystery out of where and when a guitar was made. The value of it and the difference between junk and a guitar you can grow old with. Ask me things and have some fun.

The fascination with electric guitars is the top for me. I fix amps, wiring and put the things that fall off back on. The way to really set a guitar up and make it a player. Buying a guitar is an art, and good amps that will get out that tone we all look for, Zen guitar and amplifier is a way to approach it. Better is no worry ask an expert.

Linkin Professional Org

Library of congress, five patients. I write on several guitar forums and many essays on guitar health.

PhD, MS, BA and a BS all from CMU. I have a BA from Mercyhurst College.