Electric Guitars/odd sn Strat

I have a fender squire strat bullet series with an nc xxxxxx serial number and i was wondering if it is worth anything. It is an odd serial number that I can't find much info on. Thanks!

Hi Matthew and thanks for writing in. Strat Bullets are one of the most popular beginner guitars because they are playable and do not cost very much. Fender Squiers have been made in about every place on earth. Your was made in China in the 1990s, the N is for Nineties and the C is China. When your guitar was made the Chinese were still in the process of changing from mostly farming to industrial, a big change with growing pain. The result was some sub par products, not all but enough to give the exports a bad reputation. Your guitar fell in to that bunch, true or not true, that was the cause of the low price when it was new and the current resale value. I tell people all the time that the highest price of you guitar is what you paid when you bought it. Squier guitars did go up to near $500.00 for the ones made in Japan. The Fender Squiers are made so good the last year or two that some people are buying them instead of a high priced American made Fender. The Japanese Squiers have fallen in price because of the great new crop of Squiers. I have an old Chinese Squier that I am keeping just because I had it so long and like your Strat it is not worth much but plays good  

Electric Guitars

DR Kevin P Moore

Guitars and cats make life so much better. Playing the guitar is a wonderful thing, fixing you guitar is not that hard. I have played since I was a kid and started to fix guitars and the other things that needed repair. I still repair guitars for friends and myself and do enjoy it. I rebuild old guitars to their former condition, all amps and music gear. That the mystery out of where and when a guitar was made. The value of it and the difference between junk and a guitar you can grow old with. Ask me things and have some fun.

The fascination with electric guitars is the top for me. I fix amps, wiring and put the things that fall off back on. The way to really set a guitar up and make it a player. Buying a guitar is an art, and good amps that will get out that tone we all look for, Zen guitar and amplifier is a way to approach it. Better is no worry ask an expert.

Linkin Professional Org

Library of congress, five patients. I write on several guitar forums and many essays on guitar health.

PhD, MS, BA and a BS all from CMU. I have a BA from Mercyhurst College.