Electric Guitars/Bass guitar

Question
QUESTION: I have a white burst 4string bass. The only markings on this bass is gtx on body and  on the back is a small plate with just the serial number witch reads 136319. There is no where on this bass that says where it was manufactured. I have looked online and there is a bass exactly like it called the GB44. Can you please shed some light for me on this instrument. It seems like decent bass and I would like to learn maybe where it came from truthfully.   Thank you

ANSWER: Hey Carl,

Thanks for writing! Can you send me a photograph of the bass? This way I can identify it for you. Let me know...Johnny

QUESTION: I sent a pic of the bass. There is a couple of other pics online for gtx gb44 that look exactly like mine. I tried to see the serial number on those basses but the numbers were not shown. The only thing that intrigues me is the serial number on my bass lines up with the serial sequence of hamer guitars who was owned by kaman music but didn't make any gtx basses. Now ovation applause did make a gtx guitar but they all have the serial numbers on the plate where the body meets the neck on the back. And all the serial numbers I could read on those models all matched the ovation serial sequence. It seems my serial numbers match the hamer sequence. I don't see how but stranger things have happened. I'm in the dark for real. Please help my dilemma.  Peace out

Answer
Hey Carl,

I sent an answer to the question but want to add that the Kaman owned Hamer but Hamer didn't make the GTX. However, Kaman did put the same effort into making the GTX that they put into the Hamer line. The serial numbers are a bust because Kaman didn't have great customer support or serial numbering systems. See my other answer...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide