Electric Guitars/crestwood custom guitar

Hi Johnny
I saw you answered another question on here about this LP guitar.my questions are, can you find the age with the serial number on the neck plate? I752917 made in Japan. and since I only have 50 dollars in the guitar, would it be worth installing a Bigsby Vibrato to it or would that decrease the value, which i am unsure what it is. Thanks for your Time

Hey Paul,

Thanks for writing! These were high end Les Paul copies made in the 1970s. If you put a Bigsby on it, make sure it is the floating not fixed (requiring drilling into the body) tremolo. It was most likely made around 1975. The Bigsby will require mounting on the side of the guitar around the strap knob, which means three very small screws. It will only slightly decrease its value. Let me now if you need ore information. Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide

I can answer questions regarding playing, guitar models, guitar construction, amplifiers, effects, starting a band, recording and touring. As the Guitarist and singer for No Alternative I have recorded a number of albums, singles and CDs as well as extensive touring. I can also answer questions about starting a band and recording.

I have been a guitar player for 26 years. I play and tour with No Alternative. With a number of CDs out there are also 14 bands that have recorded my songs.

Can You Hear Me, Live at the Deaf Club (With KGB) SF Underground, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Backtracks, Subterranean Records (No Alternative) Lifeline/No Alternative, Bull Dog Records (No Alternative) Johnny Got His Gun, Wingnut Records (No Alternative) SF Nights, Bachuus Archives (No Alternative)

B.S., Organic Chemistry