Electric Guitars/Fender Strat

Question

I'm trying to get some history on my dads old Strat which he left to me. I don't want to sell but my dad said it was given to him by Leo Fender and in order to persuade him to go Fender, it has some Gibson traits in the neck. I know the serial number is S961459 but I'm trying to trace its story really.

Do you know where I could start?

Best wishes and thanks,

Sarah

Answer
Hey Sarah,

Thanks for writing! The guitar was made in the late 1970s (78-79) at the Fullerton Plant in California. Is was made when CBS owned Fender. They sell for $1,500 to $2,000 in good condition. However, with this information and verification of this information, he price could double. You might want to contact Fender directly. Let me know if you need more information. Stay in touch...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide