Electric Guitars/Gtx gb44 identify

Question
Bass
Bass  
Here is a pic of this bass I had in question of date and place of manufacturing. I hope you can help. Thanks

Answer
Hey Carl,

Thanks for sending the image. This is a GTX series made by Kaman who is part of Ovation. You can find them for sale for between $400 and $600, depending on model and condition. They're extremely well made, play well and sound decent. It is hard to find info on them because Kaman isn't great with product support etc. GTX WAS a Kaman Music brand, circa late 80s-early 90s. The early models were supposedly made in Chicago but yours is probably from the late 1980s which means it was most like made in Korea. Let me know if you need further information and I'll see if I can dig anything up...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide