Electric Guitars/Hondo 732

Question
I have the same guitar in the Hondo II version and black. Any info on that?

Answer
Hey Darryl,

Thanks for writing! This was probably made around 1977-1978 due to its open book headstock profile which would make it a pre lawsuit mode. Gibson sued manufacturers of their Les Paul because these copies were cheaper, cost-wise, and put a dent into Gibson's sales! Depending on the date of manufacture, this guitar could have been made in Japan, which makes it a collectable guitar. The later models were made in Korea at the Samick factory which still makes the majority of guitars sold throughout the world. While the body is a laminate of woods compared to Gibson's body which is solid wood, the guitar is still great. They range in value from about $300 to $700 depending on model and condition. Let me know if you need more detailed information...Johnny

Electric Guitars

Johnny Genocide