Electric Guitars/Seville Guitars

I bought a Seville guitar model is "SDS" and it was made in Korea. I bought it for 20 bucks at a thrift store and it sounds really good. I cannot find any information on this guitar and wanted to see if you knew anything about its history and its price.

Thanks for writing in Dylan, you found a great guitar! The Seville is really only a name on  check like so many other guitar companies. Samick is a mega guitar builder in Korea and ghost builds for many guitar companies like Epiphone, Silvertone, Fender and that list goes on and on. I love Korean guitars and two of my best guitar are from Korea, my ESP XTone and Brian Moore. They build to very high standards and surpass American guitar in a lot of ways.
Your guitar was made in the late 70s to early 80s and simply is a fantastic guitar. Not a lot is available on that guitar but Seville was involved in the law suit guitars thing. Gibson sued them and many others for copy their Les Paul , they did made great copies and some were better than the real thing.
The price of Seville guitars are at a solid $400.00 that can go down for ones that are beat up. I did see one sell a couple weeks ago for $1,300.00 . The flood of bad Chinese made guitars makes good Korean worth more. Dylan you had a lucky day when you hit on that one.
Thanks Kev.

Electric Guitars

DR Kevin P Moore

Guitars and cats make life so much better. Playing the guitar is a wonderful thing, fixing you guitar is not that hard. I have played since I was a kid and started to fix guitars and the other things that needed repair. I still repair guitars for friends and myself and do enjoy it. I rebuild old guitars to their former condition, all amps and music gear. That the mystery out of where and when a guitar was made. The value of it and the difference between junk and a guitar you can grow old with. Ask me things and have some fun.

The fascination with electric guitars is the top for me. I fix amps, wiring and put the things that fall off back on. The way to really set a guitar up and make it a player. Buying a guitar is an art, and good amps that will get out that tone we all look for, Zen guitar and amplifier is a way to approach it. Better is no worry ask an expert.

Linkin Professional Org

Library of congress, five patients. I write on several guitar forums and many essays on guitar health.

PhD, MS, BA and a BS all from CMU. I have a BA from Mercyhurst College.