Electric Guitars/aria electric guitar

Hi! I have an aria hollow body electric guitar, used, but playable. The pick guard is missing, but everything else is in tact. model number 5102t, series 179557. I was wondering the value of this instrument, and if its worth holding onto for a rainy day ( value increase over time) or if I should sell it while I can make a dollar on it. Thanks!

Thank you for writing in. I have relieved a lot of questions on Aria Guitars and yes they are worth money, often from $400.00 to 2,000.00 . The price depends. on the model and the condition. The hollow body electrics bring the most money over the solid bodies. I know your model but the record keeping of Aria was not the best. I can't tell when it was made or where. The ones from Japan are the best and worth the most. The ones from Korea are great guitars but not worth as much as the Japanese guitars. The condition is very important, missing a pick guard is not a big thing. Nicks and cracks are bad, the condition of the neck and electrics matter in the value. I really can't give you a fair price with out photos and a very clear description.
I may be more help with more information.
Thank you and good luck Kev .

Electric Guitars

DR Kevin P Moore

Guitars and cats make life so much better. Playing the guitar is a wonderful thing, fixing you guitar is not that hard. I have played since I was a kid and started to fix guitars and the other things that needed repair. I still repair guitars for friends and myself and do enjoy it. I rebuild old guitars to their former condition, all amps and music gear. That the mystery out of where and when a guitar was made. The value of it and the difference between junk and a guitar you can grow old with. Ask me things and have some fun.

The fascination with electric guitars is the top for me. I fix amps, wiring and put the things that fall off back on. The way to really set a guitar up and make it a player. Buying a guitar is an art, and good amps that will get out that tone we all look for, Zen guitar and amplifier is a way to approach it. Better is no worry ask an expert.

Linkin Professional Org

Library of congress, five patients. I write on several guitar forums and many essays on guitar health.

PhD, MS, BA and a BS all from CMU. I have a BA from Mercyhurst College.