Electric Guitars/Seville Guitar

QUESTION: I have an old Seville acoustic guitar that has the sticker still inside of it. It says model no. FG 800 and I cant seem to find any information about it at all. If you could provide me with some I formation on it that would be great.

ANSWER: Hi, Alex!  Do you have an image of the guitar in question?  It would really help.  Yamaha made a line of guitars that were prefixed "FG" that has been discontinued.  There were also guitars produced by the Hondo Corporation in the Korean factory during the latter portion of the 1970's under the label "Seville."  I've heard that these guitars are not only high-quality, but also fairly rare (in good condition) and can be pretty valuable in relation to their original sticker prices.  

To further complicate research, "Seville" is also a Province of Spain that is known for flamenco music.  As such, the classical guitar is at the top of instruments that get produced in this region and many times these aren't "branded" but made by private luthiers.

Hopefully, your instrument will be of the Hondo-produced variety and therefore much easier to narrow down, information-wise.

I look forward to hearing from  you!

QUESTION: Here are a few pictures of the guitar.

Hi, Alex - I've previewed your picture, but I think there may have been something wrong in the transfer.  Although you've stated more than one, I only have received one picture (labeled "Pics") and it simply looks like a flash reflection.  I can't even tell it's a guitar from the pic I can see on my end.  Is there any chance you can re-send it?

Electric Guitars

J Ross Smith

Find at www.jrosssmith.com! Over 20 years of guitar playing, teaching, building, and modifying; have worked as a touring musician, studio session guitarist, engineer, guitar tech, and guitar teacher. Registered member of ASCAP. Registered member of Freelancers Union. I have a working knowledge of music theory and styles, and a taste for all types of music and instruments. If you have a favorite guitar player or style, chances are I share it! If you have a question I can't answer, I'll rely on experienced and knowledgeable people I know to get the correct information for you, and I hope I can help inspire your playing style and tone. Promo photography by Sebastian Castillo at Castillo Photography, San Diego, CA.

I hope that by answering questions thoroughly and giving insightful answers, I can have a positive impact on someone's playing style and tone - help them get their perfect sound.

American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers (ASCAP), Freelancers Union, IAVA (Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America).

See above!