Electric Guitars/Charvel Charvette

Question
I have this guitar, it number on the neck plate is 000883,made in Fort worth TX. and has Floyd Rose Pats. any info. would be great.  THANKS

Answer
Hi Michael and thanks for writing in! That name tag and almost everything on it is not true. You guitar is most likely made in Japan or Korea. The history of the company goes on like a crooked road with Jackson Guitar being the owner of a guitar company that started in California. Then both being bought out by Fender. Most all of their guitar are imports. I think they are cool, but not very much money. There are several reasons why, the electronics are not very good and the body is most likely plywood. Some are call bass wood and I been told that is plywood. The thing is you are the one that matters. The Charvette was the low priced starter guitars they were replace after only about three years. Those are the reasons they are not received very well. A good player is a good player.
Thank you Michael  

Electric Guitars

DR Kevin P Moore