Electric Guitars/american strat.serial #

Question
Hello sir thank you for taking my question.I am trying to find out how to decipher the serial numbers on my 2014 american strat. Thank you glenn henson

Answer
Hi Glen, thank you for writing in. You need to know what all those numbers mean. They are on the neck plate, end of the neck and they hide them on the body under the pick guard. They are on so many places because there are so many parts to your guitar. The number on the body is the one that is the most important in the long run. That says it is an American Stratocaster, the others are different.  I have a 1968 but it has had four necks many sets of pick ups and new hardware over the last 48 years. I am the third guy to own it. The money number is the one that tells you when it was made and where. Your Strat will say US 14 + six digits. They have changed this several times over the years and they have been built in many places. You your guitar was made in America. The six other numbers tell that it was made in California Plant, the paint code, the type of wood and the fret board. Fret board are maple or rose wood. The are some variations on the theme, like if it was a special model. There are books explaining these numbers and few agree because of the many changes at Fender, sale to CBS and the buy back, same serial numbers on different guitars. They make sense to some selling a 1972 that was made in Japan Glen I hope I was of some help to you, please let me know if I can be of any more help.
Kevin P Moore

Electric Guitars

DR Kevin P Moore