Electric Guitars/bc rich electric/acoustic

Found this BC Rich acoustic electric guitar at a pawn shop. The sticker inside says bae-500pw but has no model number. Can you give me any info on it. It was for sale at $250.

Julio thanks for writing in. Straight to the chase, BC Rich is just a name on a check these days. They are all made in China like so many guitars. Some Chinese guitars are great and many others are not. The people that make these guitars are call ghost builders. They made Yamaha, Epiphone, and many other other great old names. B C Rich was never a big name in acoustic guitars when they were good , so why now? Not bad and they are not real good. From my back records that guitar is still sitting in a pawn shop at $250 all this time? Julio I would run from that guitar like it was on fire. You can do so much better than that for $250 from a real guitar dealer. That way if it sucks you can take it back or have their tech set it up for you. I bought a guitar made here in North America for $200 bucks. It is a Sea Gull from Canada. For $250 you can do better, look in your local Craig's list and shop the local guitars shops. Play as many guitars as you can. Find a guitar you won't get sick of and grow old with it. I do wish you good like, stay away from pawn shops. Most items in a pawn shop are covered with someone's tear and the mojo is gone.
Thanks and let me know how things go! Kev.

Electric Guitars

DR Kevin P Moore

Guitars and cats make life so much better. Playing the guitar is a wonderful thing, fixing you guitar is not that hard. I have played since I was a kid and started to fix guitars and the other things that needed repair. I still repair guitars for friends and myself and do enjoy it. I rebuild old guitars to their former condition, all amps and music gear. That the mystery out of where and when a guitar was made. The value of it and the difference between junk and a guitar you can grow old with. Ask me things and have some fun.

The fascination with electric guitars is the top for me. I fix amps, wiring and put the things that fall off back on. The way to really set a guitar up and make it a player. Buying a guitar is an art, and good amps that will get out that tone we all look for, Zen guitar and amplifier is a way to approach it. Better is no worry ask an expert.

Linkin Professional Org

Library of congress, five patients. I write on several guitar forums and many essays on guitar health.

PhD, MS, BA and a BS all from CMU. I have a BA from Mercyhurst College.