guitar now
guitar now  
I recently came across a hondo formula 1 series electric guitar and I would like to know more about it its condition is moderate but I'm interested in knowing the exact value of it today and if I should take the time to fix the minor repairs or where do I start thank you

Hi Chuck and thank you for writing in. That's a nice looking guitar, an import from Asia, my guess is Korea. The prices are all over the place on Hondo Guitars. To be realistic I would go $200.00 cleaned up maybe tops $250.00. Would it be worth fixing up? I would give it a new life, they are nice playing guitars and people just hang on to them. The big buck Hondos were the law suit guitars made in Japan. Where to start would be a new roller bridge, that and a bone nut will make it a much better player and it will stay in tune. I would check out the electrics, if you are getting any cracking or the knobs are not responsive I would replace the pots. Tone and volume controls are very important. The pickups maybe fine and that is if they not muddy sounding. I don't know how much you want to get into this thing but a new finish on some of my beat up guitars really brought them back from the dead. The most important would be the bridge and nut, I can't stand a guitar that goes out of tune. The parts are under $20.00 and the pots are about $5.00 each. You want the Gibson pots.
These fix up things are to make it a better guitar for you. The most any guitar is worth is what you paid for it, the value won't go up. For a great player, yes it is worth it.
Thank you Kevin

Electric Guitars

DR Kevin P Moore

Guitars and cats make life so much better. Playing the guitar is a wonderful thing, fixing you guitar is not that hard. I have played since I was a kid and started to fix guitars and the other things that needed repair. I still repair guitars for friends and myself and do enjoy it. I rebuild old guitars to their former condition, all amps and music gear. That the mystery out of where and when a guitar was made. The value of it and the difference between junk and a guitar you can grow old with. Ask me things and have some fun.

The fascination with electric guitars is the top for me. I fix amps, wiring and put the things that fall off back on. The way to really set a guitar up and make it a player. Buying a guitar is an art, and good amps that will get out that tone we all look for, Zen guitar and amplifier is a way to approach it. Better is no worry ask an expert.

Linkin Professional Org

Library of congress, five patients. I write on several guitar forums and many essays on guitar health.

PhD, MS, BA and a BS all from CMU. I have a BA from Mercyhurst College.