Electric Guitars/Hondo II Les Paul Replica Goldtop

Question
Hondo II Goldtop
Hondo II Goldtop  

Headstock view
Headstock view  
Can you tell me if my Hondo is a Pre lawsuit? Trying to get a value on this , as its old

Thank you!

Answer
Hi Dana and thank you for writing in. You do have a great looking guitar. That Guitar would fit in the lawsuit group, it has the right stuff. The open book style head stock and the Gibson Diamond. Hondo did make them off set a little, they saw bad news down the road and being off on that might save them. You can go to eBay and type in Law Suit Guitars and a good many will still pop up. Prices are all over the place, the Aria II have been bringing the highest price even though the Law suit interest peaked out about five to ten years ago. The Hondo II was up there with the best bringing some good money. Your guitar has some great things about it, it is a Hondo and a Gold Top. The low end would be $200.00 dollars and because it is a strikingly good looker, the high would be $450.00,
I would go with the high end because it is a cut above the others. It is all original, not beat up and not the same old black or sunburnt. Try my recommendation and I think you will get best money for your guitar. You can write in any time you want with any question you may have and I will welcome it.
Thank you, Kevin P Moore.

Electric Guitars

DR Kevin P Moore