Electric Motors/handset not working on adjustable bed

adjustable bed maker wrote at 2009-11-26 01:14:06
Hi, the most common cause with corded handsets is that the 'plug' which clips into the motor housing has worked lose. Trace the cable back to the motor and push on it. This plug will either have a retaining clip or the cable is designed to be 'woven' between two plastic clips so this doen't happen. Poor installation or moving the bed can casue it to come lose. If the handset is wireless then the plug aforementioned will be a radio reciver and may still have come lose. Finally, some inferior mechanisms are manufactured from poor quality conductor materials which fail to transmit the low voltage electricity current. disconnect the afformentioned plug and look for green or dull areas on the pins, this will impead the connection, clean carefully with a cotton bud and a cleaner such as the computer keyboard cleaner. 120v 0r 240v motors are reduced to 12v via a tansformer for safety but the low voltage can cause poor connections. If all this fails, suspect the transformer, check the mains plug and the outlet cords (often slot in) for adequate connections. If this doesn't work then the fault needs to be traced by a competent electrician.

DON'T FORGET TO UNPLUG FROM THE MAINS BEFORE TOUCHING OR CLEANING COMPONENTS. Rgds Fred.

Irene Measures wrote at 2016-03-01 11:04:40
I am in the same situation with my same model Dunlopillo Divan Handset, Repeat DIVAN Handset.  You have answered as though the Dunloppilo problem was with a CHAIR,  There is no console with the Divan Handset.  I would also appreciate help with my Handset.

Electric Motors

Harcharan Singh Diocee