Electric Motors/Franklin Electric Motor

SilverZuk wrote at 2015-03-02 19:31:10
The motor in question is an AC motor.  

I bought one surplus from ebay for a small mill.

The data plate was on it, but no diagram.

We got it to run clockwise with no problems on 120V, however cannot get it to run counter clockwise (which is no problem for me).  Here is the info from the data plate.

Franklin Electric

Model: 1101451105

HP: 1/3

PH: 1

RPM 1725

HZ: 60

SF: 1.0

FR: 56C

KVA Code: M

V: 100

FLA: 9.0

About the two wires green with yellow stripe.  One is a separate case ground, and the case is isolated.  

SilverZuk wrote at 2015-03-02 19:44:40
Also, the wire marked |2| is wired directly to the capacitor.

So with one being a case ground green with yellow stripe. The other being wired directly to the capacitor.

That leaves you with a red wire, and two black wires.

Also, there is a terminal and switch built onto the motor with 5 connectors.

Electric Motors

Three phase/ AC DC single phase motors, controls, any problems or failures, motor installation, performance issues, connections. All other electric motors/gearboxes/apparatus. Specialty repair concerns, obsolete motors and solutions. Other mechanical or specialty equipment. See my profile under Home/electrical at this site

30 plus years in the electrical motor and apparatus repair industry. VP level management of repair facilities, current owner of my own specialty repair and consulting firm.

EASA, IBEW [retired], other specialty organizations, Lubrication, Vibration EDI, Tribo-electric Councils

Currently fielding concerns at this site under "Home Electrical"

4 year technical, College level specific courses, EASA repair courses, vibration analysis electronic and electrical trade school.