Electric Motors/1PHASE/3 PHASE

Question
QUESTION: IS IT POSSIBLE TO TAP A 3 PHASE OUTPUT TO RUN A 1 PHASE 110V MOTOR ?

ANSWER: If the 3 phase voltage is 208 volts, and there is neutral off of the star point, then neutral to any of the phases will be 120V 1 ph.

QUESTION: sorry I am not electrically inclined so I will need you to
explain further
what is a star point?

Answer
If you are not electrically inclined, then further explanation wont make any sense at all. It gets very theoretical.

Take a volt meter and check the voltage line to line. If it's 208 Volts, then take a reading from 1 leg to the neutral or the white lead in the panel box.
If it reads 120V then you are set to go.

Electric Motors

Harcharan Singh Diocee