Electric Motors/Detergent Powder feed mechanism in Automatic Washing machine.

Question
Dear Will

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washing_machine

Is the Detergent / Bleach or Washing powder feed mechanism also
automated in Automatic washing machine ?.

As a example 2 kg or 1 kg or 500 gm Detergent powder is feed and kept in the Washing machine box. The consumer can select the number of detergent powder Tablespoons i.e. 1 or 2 or 3 etc to be feed for the washing purpose by selecting the Input Number button on the washing machine.

Or

The Washing machine intelligently feeds the amount of detergent powder required for washing depending upon the total number of clothes inside the machine.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
You would have to be more specific about the brand and type of washer,     but you should know this,     powdered soap is awful,   

I have a grinder pump in my lower level,  it drains into the grinder pump to outside,   because they screwed up and let the level of the house too low so I had to pump up,  

We used powder soap  and within a month it failed,    when I took it apart,    there were foot long chunks of not dissolved powder soap,        

Not sure where you need to go with this question, but if for personal use, use one that will take liquid soap,    the waste of powder soap is horrible,     it does not dissolve like you would think  

Electric Motors

Will