Electric Motors/plug in control for basement dehumidifier

Question
I have a freestanding Frigidaire FAD704DWD 70-pint Dehumidifier in my basement that is Energy Star Compliant.

I want to connect it to a plug-in dehumidifier control, and set the dehumidifier to continuous run and let the control decide when the dehumidifier turns on and off, to keep the cycling of the dehumidifier to a minimum.

I prefer the Honeywell H46E1013 control, but am concerned by the fact that the Honeywell control states the Contact Current Rating is 7.5 Amps, and the Frigidaire dehumidifier shows the Amps (cool) is 7.8 Amps.

The Dayton 1UHG2, on the other hand, shows the Contact Rating of 15 Amps resistive, 3 Amps inductive, which to my mind may indicate that it is better suited for the Frigidaire dehumidifier, but then again, it may not be.

I do not know how to accurately transfer this information into a usable application, and before I buy the Honeywell, or the Dayton, I need some help regarding the Amps issue, between the dehumidifier and the humidifier control, so I can make an informed decision as to which one to purchase. For all I know, neither control will work with my Frigidaire dehumidifier.

The main point of my question is in regard to the Amps ratings. The Honeywell is only rated at 7.5 Amps while the Frigidaire was rated higher at 7.8 Amps. Not really understanding the electrical end of this issue, I am concerned that the difference would or could cause a problem with either the dehumidifier, the control, or both.

I appreciate your help with this.
Thanks,

Fred

Below is the electrical info on each appliance:

Frigidaire FAD704DWD Dehumidifier 70 pint:
Electrical Specifications:
Voltage Rating: 115V, 60Hz
Amps (Cool): 7.8
Watts (Cool): 765

Honeywell Dehumidifier Control, Plug In Outlet With Piggyback Plug:
Adjustment Range 20 to 80 Percentage RH
Contact AC Voltage Rating 120 Volts
Contact Current Rating 7.5 Amps
Electrical Ratings: (120 Vac, Locked Rotor)  30.0 A
Electrical Ratings: (120 Vac, Resistive)  12.0 A
Switch Action Close
Differential 4 to 6 Percentage RH
Height 4 3/4 Inches
Depth 1 7/8 Inches
Width 2 1/4 Inches, Automatic Control

Dayton Dehumidifier Control, Plug In Outlet With Piggy Back Plug:
Adjustable Range 30 to 90% RH
Differential +/- 1 RH %
Voltage 120
Contact Rating 15A Resistive 3A Inductive
Switch Action Close on Humidity Increase
Switch Type SPST
Height 5 1/2 In
Width 2 7/8 In, Depth 2 5/8 In

Answer
Fred You did good,  the worst that could have happened is the dayton would have failed,  but wise moves on your part all the way through,    thank you so much for the very kind words,  I very much appreciate that,  anytime you need help on anything,  let me know,

Will

the Dayton at 15 AMP RESISTIVE is misleading,     resistive versus inductive is huge it is everything in sizing,       the humidifier is going to be inductive not resistive like a light bulb,   the small difference in the Honeywell, of .2 amp is nothing to be concerned with,  a voltage deviation from 120 could raise or lower the FLA  full load current by that easily,  mos residential services are never dead on 120,   mine runs 111 to 123 depending on time of year, power demand so on,    you want the honeywell,     the Dayton should be compared  to the Honeywell  as   3 amps service    to  7.5 amps service,      the HW has a locked rotor of 30 amps that is in rush     resistive has no in rush,  [well it does but so minor it is not worth consideration]  it would not make the .2 amps     it is comparable to a light switch   that is why a dimmer will never control a ceiling fan,       dimmers are for resistive loads,   not inductive motor loads,     motors  will use 4 to 10 times full load amperage on start up,   

Locked rotor current   LRA  is the magnetizing current needed to turn the electrical power into torque      you need the HONEYWELL      

It looks like you are going line level    not control level,  in that case you need those big contacts,        

Honeywell   and a  good idea on your part  to let the existing stat control the humidity,  

Electric Motors

Will