Electric Motors/reversing drum switch wiring

Switch Diagram
Switch Diagram  

Motor Diagram
Motor Diagram  
I am attempting to wire a reversing drum switch to a motor on a "hotwalker".

The machinery had been down for a number of years until I was asked to look at it. The arms were no longer hanging because they had rusted through, the motor was shot, the variable speed lever was frozen, and the variable speed pulley was broken.

I was able to get a new motor attached and the machinery would spin both ways. But the reversing drum with was in bad shape so I had the owner order a new one. When the new switch arrived I went out replace and after I had taken the old one off and wire removed (because I was going to add new conduit and wire) I realized it was the wrong switch.

After another few weeks of waiting for the correct switch, I finally received it. Now that I have it mounted I am having a heck of a time at getting the wiring correct. I have tried everything I can think of and I do not want to destroy the motor.

Attached are a the wiring diagram for the switch and for the motor. We are using the single phase 20a 120v circuit.

What does the bottom of the nameplate say   exchange black and   ????   The curvature killed the end of the picture,

3b diagram   read the info below it,    3b connection will reverse a motor which is built to use just two wires to change directions, but I cannot see the right half of the photo,  it says black and something,   but I cannot even see enough to cross check and guess,      3b on the link I sent should allow you to wire this motor up,  swap black with ? color and go the other direction,

above explains a bit more   in detail

above a video on converting three phase to single phase and adding reverse switch,  

Electric Motors

Three phase/ AC DC single phase motors, controls, any problems or failures, motor installation, performance issues, connections. All other electric motors/gearboxes/apparatus. Specialty repair concerns, obsolete motors and solutions. Other mechanical or specialty equipment. See my profile under Home/electrical at this site

30 plus years in the electrical motor and apparatus repair industry. VP level management of repair facilities, current owner of my own specialty repair and consulting firm.

EASA, IBEW [retired], other specialty organizations, Lubrication, Vibration EDI, Tribo-electric Councils

Currently fielding concerns at this site under "Home Electrical"

4 year technical, College level specific courses, EASA repair courses, vibration analysis electronic and electrical trade school.