Electric Motors/Maxwell bed remote no. R2-T

Question
We recently purchased a place in Florida that came with an adjustable bed. The bed is 2 single long put together to make one king size bed. There are 2 remotes for it. One remote does not work. The model no. is R2-T, the FCC ID is JN3R 2 T the DOC/MDC no. 1842K1097. We are living in Ontario Canada but spend 4 months in Florida each year. We have turned the bed upside down to see if we could find the make of it but could not. Any suggestions on where we might get a new one or the old one fixed. I believe it is the foam buttons on the front of the remote that are shot. Thank You.

Answer
Dianne,  repairing your own, and you are probably correct the buttons are worn out,        there are thousands of sites, and videos to look through on the internet if you want to try it yourself,   here is one

http://www.instructables.com/id/Repair-your-remote-controls/

Then there are a host of repair shops where you mail the remote and they fix it, here is one

http://www.computerrepair-tvrepair.com/tv-repair/remote-control-repair

Another option is to purchase a learning generic remote, that finds your IR codes and assigns them to option buttons   like up, down,  vibrate,  so on,      that is not a bad option but make sure you purchase a LEARNING REMOTE that can identify your IR codes,   a little setup work and you have a working remote,  the down side is you have different remotes,    

I think the best solution is to pick out a remote control repair service let them fix the original  they wont need make and model of the bed,  just the remote in hand,     

If none of the options above work out,    drop me a note, and we will figure out something,  it is a fixable problem,  

Electric Motors

Will