Electric Motors/Replacing the electric cord on a old Century Repulsion start-Induction single Phase motor

I need to replace the electric cord on my father in-laws old century motor. The tag on the motor is very hard to read, This is the information that I can read. Century. Repulsion Start-Induction.  Single Phase Motor. Type RS. Frame M 5. H.P 1/6 Volts 110 Cycles 60 Serial #384166 I started to replace the cord which come right out of the housing, But is look like it is wired directly to the motor. I wasn't sure how to take the winding out of the casing, the motor is very dirty and didn't want to do any more damage. Also not sure about the wire it looks like it might be  aluminum.

Any help will be appreciated

You dont have to take the core out of the housing.
Dismantle the motor, but be careful on the brush side that the brush lifting mechanism doent fall apart. If this happens, you are in trouble.
The cord may be connected to winding wires and maybe be crimped if wire is aluminum.
I would suggest to take it to a motor shop.

Electric Motors

Harcharan Singh Diocee

Electric motor winding redesign, AC and DC. Troubleshooting, motors controls generators. Vibration analysis, dynamic balancing, root cause analysis: electrical and mechanical.

thirty five years electro-mechanical and Senior Management

Journeyman Motor Rewinder, Millwright, Industrial Electrician, Vibration Analyst level II. Certified Electrical Technician ASTTBC, FSR Class B, in BC. Laser alignment specialist. Marine machinery repairs. Business Management Certificate. Last 19 yrs as Plant Manager