Electric Motors/Installing brush holders on a 24v 4 pole 1.99hp motor...

QUESTION: I'm installing new brush holders on a 24v 1.99hp 4 pole DC motor for a scooter. And need to know what order to put them in ?

ANSWER: Brush holders can only go in where ever the hardware allows them.
Install the brush holders and set the gap between the holder and the commutator to approx 1/8"
There is no specific order which you install first.

QUESTION: What kind of epoxy or loctite would you use to secure the brush holders ? And I heard there s some kind of pin tool to align perfectly ? What do you attach the power lines to on the brush holder or brushes ? Any help would be great thanks.

I believe you are talking about the loctite to secure the wire into the carbon brush?
The copper wire is held in a hole drilled in the brush and then special copper powder or granules are filled in followed by a small tube to "hammer" in the granules which lock the wire or shunt in place. Then you can put a drop of crazy glue on this,

Electric Motors

Harcharan Singh Diocee

Electric motor winding redesign, AC and DC. Troubleshooting, motors controls generators. Vibration analysis, dynamic balancing, root cause analysis: electrical and mechanical.

thirty five years electro-mechanical and Senior Management

Journeyman Motor Rewinder, Millwright, Industrial Electrician, Vibration Analyst level II. Certified Electrical Technician ASTTBC, FSR Class B, in BC. Laser alignment specialist. Marine machinery repairs. Business Management Certificate. Last 19 yrs as Plant Manager