Electric Motors/wilton-arboga a2608 drill press wiring

Question
Hello, I purchased an old never used/wired drill press.  The manual only lists wiring for 220v and higher but my machine is wired for 110v.  There are two black wires coming from the electric box and there is a screw which is marked for the ground.  How do I determine which wire is intended for neutral and which is intended for hot?

Thanks,
Matt

Answer
The 2 blacks from the machine would be for 220V input if thats what the nameplate says.
Connected a 220V motor to run on 120V will reduce the torque by 4. Not feasable to this unless the motor is rewound for 120V.

If you want to try it out, then connect the neutral and power lead to either of the 2 black motor leads.

Electric Motors

Harcharan Singh Diocee