Electric Motors/electric motor connections

Question
It's me again. I forgot to mention that the 1/2 hp motor I am working with needs to be reverseable by a switch. I would like to do it all with just one switch if possible. The motor needs to go on a metal lathe. The motor currently on the lathe is the same HP rating but not a capacitor start and there are 2 switches. One is the on/off and the other is the direction. The on/off switch is a double pole single throw and the direction switch is a double pole double throw with center off, that switch is wired to the starting windings of the old motor and I know this is not the way it should be, it is something someone did before I got the lathe. With it like it is someone could try to start the lathe or accidently bump the switches and cause the motor to burn out.

Answer
using a double pole switch with center off and the same X jumpers that should be on the reverse switch    take the wires from the reverse switch in the same order  and put the two from the on off in the center two positions of the double pole center off     should be six all together  

Electric Motors

Will