Electric Motors/Leeson motor connections

Question
Hi, I have something very similar to the question that lead me here. I have a leeson model M6C17FB11F which is also a mess as far as configuring for either voltage. The wires are no longer identifiable so that I can connect them. I have the diagram on the tag and it is readable but what good does that do me if I cant identify the wires? I have only been able to track down which wires go to the starting capacitor and I think I can identify which ones are windings but I'm not sure about that. I don't know how that is connected into the leads and the switch on the rotor shaft.

Answer
Normally unless the motor has been rewound  the Lesson numbers on pre printed on the leads in very small print,       takes a magnifying glass sometimes,   if not we can ohm out the leads and by process of elimination find the rest,  

Short or jumper across all caps when testing,    the highest resistance is the start winding,  smaller wire and more turns,    the stationary switch can be identified by choosing two leads and using a dull non metallic probe    push the spool up or down and the contacts should open and close on the meter  but first  look for small numbers on the leads     maybe worn off in the jbox but some may show up towards the inside of the shell    and if that is no help let me know and we will go through this one at a time  

Electric Motors

Will