Electric Power & Utilities/Rewire 240v to 120v DOERR LR22132

ROCH wrote at 2011-02-03 23:30:29
I have the same motor and it is possible to wire it to 120 v

the diagram on my engine shows  

p1 and says ungr.d line.this one shows it being alone.

then p2,t8,t3 taped. Then t2,t5,t4 line not sure what line means or ungr.d but i didnt hook it up yet cause im not sure where i put the power wires to .....? the one that says line .... i need help as well but hopefully the diagram helps you let me know if it worked. thanks

david miller wrote at 2014-09-29 08:34:33
Also note that this motor rates at 21 amps on 230v. If you did wire it for 115v your going to be pulling 40 plus amps!

Electric Power & Utilities

Charles C. Jones

Let Me help you with your problems with single phase and three phase electric motors. I can tell you how to troubleshoot your motor problems. From simple testing of capacitors, how to test your windings, replacing bearings, and general maintenance. Before we go any further, remember these words of advice: Disconnect the power before you do anything! Please limit your questions to electric motors and there immediate components. I review each question, and if I can answer or help, then I will. If you receive a rejection, it means it is out of my expertise, and just do not have the answer. I'll be waiting for your question.

I have 40 years experience in the repair of electric motors and related equipment. I am a master machinist in the field of motor repair. I was employed with my company for 35 years, but retired in May of 2013. The downside to that is I lost access to a lot of technical data. I will still try to give you the most accurate advice that I can.

Former member EASA