Electric Power & Utilities/Dayton Motor & Switch Hook-up

KE1GU wrote at 2013-03-22 12:42:28
I'm have the same problem. This Dayton motor 5K116BC only has 5 wires on the terminal block?? T2-WHT = term 5, T4-Yell =term 2, T8-Red = term 5, P2-Brwn = term4 and J9-blk = term A ?? straight wiring interchange T8/J9 to reverse rotation. Question is how does it wire to Dayton drum switch ??  

KE1GU wrote at 2013-03-22 14:42:06
The Dayton 2X440 switch will not work with a Dayton 5K116BC motor. The proper drum switch is a 2X441. I have the connection drawing for this combination and can fax it or email it to anyone who needs it.

Electric Power & Utilities

Charles C. Jones

Let Me help you with your problems with single phase and three phase electric motors. I can tell you how to troubleshoot your motor problems. From simple testing of capacitors, how to test your windings, replacing bearings, and general maintenance. Before we go any further, remember these words of advice: Disconnect the power before you do anything! Please limit your questions to electric motors and there immediate components. I review each question, and if I can answer or help, then I will. If you receive a rejection, it means it is out of my expertise, and just do not have the answer. I'll be waiting for your question.

I have 40 years experience in the repair of electric motors and related equipment. I am a master machinist in the field of motor repair. I was employed with my company for 35 years, but retired in May of 2013. The downside to that is I lost access to a lot of technical data. I will still try to give you the most accurate advice that I can.

Former member EASA