Electric Power & Utilities/220V 50Hz infrared samll oven to work in US?

Question
can a 220 V 50Hz infrared small oven (2000watts) operate in US on a possible 220V outlets?If I have a 220 volts circuit as I presume the central Air and Pool equipment is connected to in my house, how do I know how many Amp. is it? ...I was told it has to be 20 Amp for it to work and I do not understand the concept...
Many people have told me that a step up / down Voltage converter is not supposed to be used with heat generating appliance even if I buy a 4000Watts one.
If you want to see the mini infrared oven...you can see it at : omnicuiseur.com My mom bought it in France...ridiculous price of $1000.00 and I'd like to see it working and understand why this "toaster oven"costs so much ...Thank you so much for your time...Of course I contacted the company and they have no clue and do not care....
Christel

Answer
Christel,

Some appliances are marked 50/60 HZ which would mean you could do it so take a close look if you have not done it already but if only marked 60 HZ, from what I have read you would probably damage the oven quickly or eventually over time. The lower frequency tends to raise the current draw in the appliance and your oven is also rated at 220 volts which here in the US is 240 so the higher voltage here would also raise the current going through the elements in the oven. Everything points towards it not being a good idea with eventual or immediate damage to the appliance.

Bob

Electric Power & Utilities

PV Electric Bob Mossman